Friday, April 10, 2009

RIP Buster

Its been a slow couple of weeks. Not many new boats have shown up on the regular boat search sites. I haven't profiled all of the good looking ones here so there are a few more to show, keep an eye out. I am going to go up to Green Cove Springs this weekend and check out some of the boats there including Frodo. I'll post about what I find when I get back.

I hate to de-rail the blog, but I figure this is a good canvas to make a tribute to one of my best friends who just past away. My buddy Buster was put to sleep last night after a good life of almost 17 years. I got him when I was 10 years old. He was my only dog growing up and pretty much started my love of canines.

He was a rambunctious Toy Fox Terrier in his youth. In his final days, he had gone blind, couldn't walk around, had no hearing, and was overall sad to see. He had deteriorated so much in the past few weeks that my Mom decided to have it done. The vet made a house call and was able to put him down in the comfort of home.

Some old pix:










Here he is just a couple of weeks ago, the last time I got to see him.









Pushing him along because he doesnt know where to go anymore







You will be missed little guy...



When God made the earth and sky, the flowers and the trees, He then made all the animals, and all the birds and bees.
And when His work was finished, not one was quite the same, He said, "I'll walk this Earth of mine, and give each one a name."
And so He traveled land and sea and everywhere He went, a little creature followed him, until its strength was spent.
When all were named upon the earth, and in the sky and sea, the little creature said, "Dear Lord, there's not one left for me." The Father sniffled and softly said, "I've left you 'til the end. I've turned my own name back to front, and called you Dog, my friend."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We'll miss you Buster! You were always and old grump, but a sweet one.