Monday, June 1, 2009

OMG!

I can't reveal too much yet, and it's not completely final, but Windsong (the Downeaster 38) could be mine in three weeks time! I saw it this weekend, inspected it thoroughly and decided I wanted it. I made an offer on it, submitted my deposit and now I just have to secure financing. This weekend I give it a sea trial, and once the financing is complete, the boat will be mine!

I'll be sure to write up a big post about this whole process with the boat, but I need to focus my time elsewhere right now.

Cross your fingers all goes well!

2 comments:

Janet Newburg said...

Erick, this is Janet (Sapp, Clay) Newburg. I have been reading about your boat and your efforts to save and your comments about your friends and their apparent lack of understanding. I support your efforts to go for your dream and how hard it is to save for something you really want. When I was a court reporter, most reporters (other than your mom) talked on and on about how they could be attorneys, they wanted to go to law school. I only knew one woman who actually went to college, went to law school, and then became an attorney while I was a court reporter. She was the first; I was the second. I sold my equipment, started college (I had only a few viable credits) and never looked back (well, maybe once or twice...) I had naysayers, people who did not believe I would do it, did not believe I COULD do it, thought what I was doing was foolhardy or a passing fancy. I put one foot in front of the other, took one day at a time, one week at a time, one class at a time, one semester at a time and the next thing I knew, I was walking across a stage in a cap and gown and studying for the bar exam. I have been practicing 10 years now and those who were wishing they were attorneys are still wishing. I am doing what I love. So I have a tremendous amount of admiration for you. Obviously, you know who you are, what you want to do, and don't ever let anyone steer you away from that. Live from your heart, march to your own drummer. I hope someday you will take me out for a spin in the Windsong. Love, Aunt Janet

Erick said...

Thanks Janet! That means a lot, I'll be sure to take you out on many voyages once Windsong gets going.