Friday, March 5, 2010

Next leg begins tomorrow

After closely monitoring the weather and looking at my route options, I've decided to do an overnight sail to Ft. Myers from Gulfport. We (me, my dad and Jenny) will leave around 3:00 p.m. out of the Pass-A-Grille channel, out a ways to avoid shoals at Egmont Key, then Southeast towards Ft. Myers staying off the coast approximately 5 miles. We should get in on Sunday sometime in the morning or midday where we will dock at Moss Marina for the night. We drop my dad off there and then we follow the Okeechobee waterway to the east coast! I'll make updates along the way if I can.

Wish us luck! The weather should be beautiful for the night sail, but next week on the Okeechobee waterway may be a little cloudy and wet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very informative blog l like anything to do with all action sports and events including surfing skateboarding snowboarding bmx motx and wake boarding. I have a great social network for actions sports where you can meet peers in surf skate motox wakeboarding and snow boarding. Check out their shop too they sell skateboards surf equipment and accessories including sunglasses board bags and a lot more. www.thenextpro.com shop socialize interact. Again thanks for the blog would love to share links